Fiction Writer, Poet, Translator
Naira Gelashvili was born on October 28, 1947 in Nukriani, Sighnaghi region.
In 1970, she graduated from the faculty of Western European Languages and Literature of Tbilisi State University with the major in German language and literature.
Collections of Novels and Short Stories:
- Mother’s Room
- Garden Lit by the Moon
- Tragic Gradation
- Hut of Dots
- Pieces of Mirror
- The Ambri, the Umbri and the Arab
- Short Stories
- I am that One
- About Peace, Sorrow and Consolation (Four poems, 1997)
- Time, Bread and Wine (A collection of verses, poems and songs, 2006)
- Literary Award “Saba” for the Best Novel of the Year “I am that One” (2013)
- Literary Award “Saba” for the Best Novel of the Year “The First Two Circles” (2013)