Giorgi Kekelidze was born in Ozurgeti in 1984. He studied at Egnate Ninoshvili Secondary School 1. Giorgi was an editor of a newspaper “Eight+1”. In 2001-2009, he studied at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, the faculty of philology (Master’s Degree in Humanitarian Sciences). From 2006 to 2008, he worked as a teacher of Georgian language and literature at the penal institution of Rustavi. He is a founder and editor-in-chief of an electronic library lib.ge, founder of a literary competition lib.ge and journal “L’il”; a director of National Library of Georgian. In 2012, Free University and lig.ge launched a new programme “Interpretation” on the Akhali Arkhi channel. Within the frames of the programme, the host and invited guests discuss literature and differently and in a new way interpret texts taught at schools and universities. The host and author of the programme is Giorgi Kekelidze. He has translated a number of Austrian poets, world fairy tales (Magic Door), Sergei Dorenko’s “Novel 2008”. His verses are translated into English, Russian and Azerbaijani languages.
In 2008, he published a poetic collection “Odes”. In the book, together with verses, there are scattered opinions of various critics (Gaga Lomidze, Zaza Shatirishvili, Levan Berdzenishvili, Revaz Siradze, Levan Bregadze, Zurab Kiknadze, Tengiz Kikacheishvili, Givi Alkhazishvili) and its illustrations are by Davit Meskhi. A number of children’s verses are included in a children’s collection of prose, which was published in 2010. In 2011, publishing house “Siesta” started a new series – “A Book on a Plate”. Instead of standard printing procedures, they take a book at a supermarket, where pages are placed on plastic plates, like the ones, which are used for frozen chickens, fish, vegetables, fruit and cakes. The first book from this series was Giorgi Kekelidze’s poem “Raven”. The following people participated in the preparation of the book: Gaga Lomidze – interpretation of four chapters; Olem Timchenko – painting “Raven”; photo – Guram Tsibakhashvili; sketches – Tamara Kalkhitashvili; concept of edition – Alex Chighvinadze; design – Gvantsa Makhatadze.
- Ode, poetic collection (2008)
- Raven, a poem; from a series “A book on a Plate” (2011)
- The Snake-Eater”, a comic adaptation by Giorgi Kekelidze and Gigi Khornauli (2012)
- Literary Award “Saba” – The best Debut of the Year” (2009)
- Nikoloz Baratashvili Prize (2009)
- The Successful Young Person of the Year in the Field of Literature (2010)
- Georgian Winner of a Competition “Poet in the City” by British Council (2010)
- Third Place in a Survey “Person of the Year” conducted by Magazine “Tabula” (2010)
- Person of the Year, magazine “Hot Chocolate” (2010)
- Journalists’ International Foundation Prize “Golden Wing: Interpretation of literary Television and Internet Projects (2012)
- Person of 2012 by version of “Hot Chocolate” (for activities conducted in National Library of Georgia) (2012)
- Top 50 Most Successful Graduates of Tbilisi State University (2013)
- Mushvig International Prize (2013)