Fiction Writer, Essayist, Publicist
Archil Kikodze was born in 1972 in Tbilisi. In 1989, he finished Third Experimental School. From 1989 to 1992, the writer studied at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, the faculty of oriental studies. From 1992, he studied at Shota Rustaveli Theatre and Film Georgian State University, the faculty of film ad later the faculty of drama. He graduated from the university in 1999. In 1991-1994, he was a member of rescue service agency “Candle” and participated at rescue expeditions in the mountains. He was keen on alpinism. Up to day, he works as a guide of wild nature and ecotourism. He is involved in literature from the age of 21.
Archil Kikodze’s short stories, essays, articles and photos have been published during the last ten years in Georgian journals and literary periodicals. He is the author of two brochures about Svaneti and Khevi published in Switzerland. In addition, he has written a tourist guide about Tusheti National Park and Lagodekhi Protected Areas.
- Boys, a collection of short stories (1996)
- Deer and Lemonade, a collection of short stories (2002)
- Village Country, a collection of short stories (2006)
- Comfortable, a collection of short stories (2008)
- Prize for the Best Debut at Tbilisi Book Market for the collection “Deer and Lemonade” (2002)
- Literary Award “Gala” in the nomination “Book of the Year” for the collection “Comfortable” (2009)